March 23, 2012

Easy Peasy Lemon Garlic Hummus


I think I might have gotten too creative on my first hummus post. Despite the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's really not one to keep in the fridge for a week's usage. I've gone on strike from buying hummus from the grocery store and have been using only dried chickpeas to make my supply. This hummus can be whipped up in under ten minutes and keeps great. I also had to share this comic with you- which made my morning once- as I'm sure a few of you can relate. It used to be me. Every potluck, every barbecue... but I like to think my friends were a bit more welcoming. Although, I should mention that my uncle still refers to the frozen veggie burgers he stores year-round in case I pop in as "hockey pucks," and considers lettuce to be a type of wide grass.


Lemon Garlic Hummus   

Ingredients 

2 cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 can
1 1/4 tbsp tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 1/2 tsp cumin
2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped

Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl or small food processor. Blend until completely smooth. It's best if you make it ahead of time to allow the flavours to set in (especially the garlic). Yields about 2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment