August 26, 2013

Healthy Dessert for Breakfast: Vegan Sweet Cherry Chocolate Smoothie


My boyfriend says that pancakes and waffles are an excuse to have dessert as your entire meal. Well, this is my idea of a healthier sweet fix in the morning. This recipe is inspired by one I saw in a magazine that featured vanilla almond milk, which - if it wasn't on my avoidance list - would totally be my first choice for a smoothie base. At any rate, I tweaked it to fit my choice of ingredients and quantity for my own version of a little single-serving milkshake. I mean smoothie.

Vegan Sweet Cherry Chocolate Smoothie

Ingredients

1 cup soymilk, unsweetened
1 cup pitted sweet cherries (I used dark)
1/2 tbsp agave nectar (or sweetener of choice)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp 100% cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of powdered ginger
1-2 ice cubes, optional

Directions

Blend!

No comments:

Post a Comment